AMB West Philanthropies
AMB West Philanthropies comprises the nonprofit interests of the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation in the Western United States, which includes AMB West Community Fund, West Creek Ranch, AMB West Conservation, AMB West Basecamp, and AMB West Challenge Course. Through grant-making, convening, advocacy and in-kind services, AMB West Philanthropies promotes positive change in peoples’ lives and builds and enhances the communities in which they live.
AMB West Philanthropies includes:
- Through the associate-led AMB West Community Fund – previously known as the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch Fund – staff at Mountain Sky Guest Ranch and West Creek Ranch give back to the communities in which they live and work through grant-making focused on early childhood development, youth empowerment and development, community wellness and youth suicide prevention. Since 2001, The Fund has distributed more than $7 million in grants.
- After purchasing West Creek Ranch in 2017, Arthur Blank has transformed the property into an inspired space being offered to select nonprofit organizations, business partners and associates of The Blank Family of Businesses. The ranch provides the perfect setting for meetings, leadership development, social gatherings, recreation and inspiration.
- We are committed to conservation in Montana, managing our properties and associated businesses in a responsible and sustainable manner and being a valued neighbor and community member.
- AMB West Basecamp and AMB West Challenge Course provide opportunities for guests and nonprofit organizations to use the outdoors and nature to educate, build trust and create connections.
The 2021 AMB West Community Fund priorities include:
- Happiness: AMB West Philanthropies recognizes that while life is ever-changing, these times have especially highlighted the urgent need for growth and opportunity in resilience, adaptability, and human connection. In 2021, The Fund has therefore elevated efforts to improve the invaluable elements of human happiness within our communities. The Fund requests collaborative and community-woven approaches increasing access to outdoor immersion in local natural settings, education addressing whole-person health, and critical wraparound services. The Fund is especially interested in creative strategies that foster healthy and meaningful relationships as isolation is a crucial barrier to well-being and longevity.
- Early Childhood Development: The Fund will award grants to organizations providing children up to five years old with quality opportunities that will prepare them for successful lifelong development. The Fund is especially interested in projects that promote healthy parent-child relationships, as well as social and emotional skills among parents and children.
- Youth Empowerment and Development: The Fund seeks creative nonprofit efforts to improve youth development and nurture young leaders, especially programs that empower youth and cultivate young stewards of land and wildlife through education, physical activity, wilderness experience and outdoor adventure.
- Youth Suicide Prevention: As part of its commitment to young people, the Fund has identified youth suicide prevention in Park County as a priority funding area. Montana’s youth suicide rate is one of the highest in the country, and Park County’s rate is especially high. The Fund seeks proposals that build on Park County’s many strengths and that will contribute to a sustained, long-term reduction in youth suicide ideation and attempts.
To apply for a grant, please read through the grant guidelines and follow the provided links here.
Stories of Impact
AMB West Philanthropies continues to take pride in supporting organizations that promote positive change in people’s lives and improve the quality of life for residents in Park and Gallatin Counties. View some of their stories here.
The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation
AMB West Philanthropies is an affiliate of The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation based out of Atlanta, Georgia. Formed in 1995, The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation promotes innovative solutions to transform the lives of youth and their families, seeking results that move communities beyond what seems possible today. The foundation invests in education, parks and greenspace, youth development, community redevelopment, and the arts, and leads giving programs for each of the Blank Family of Businesses, including the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta United, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, PGA Tour Superstore, and AMB West. Mr. Blank, chairman of the foundation, co-founded the Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, in 1978 and retired from the company as co-chairman in 2001. Through the foundation and his family’s personal giving, Mr. Blank has granted more than $800 million to various charitable organizations.
Follow us on Social Media
Keep up with The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation and AMB West Philanthropies on Facebook @BlankFamilyFoundation, @AMBWestPhilanthropies and on Instagram @BlankFoundation, @AMBWestPhilanthropies.